1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 7700 bad brake vibration?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BATTLIN_BLAZES, May 28, 2005.

1. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

I have an 01 f150 7700 series, when I step on the brakes I get a pretty good vibration. rotors have been replaced. somebody told me it could be a sensor in the antilock system sound right? it feels like its mostly in the right front but it shakes pretty good and sounds and feels like a rotor but replacing them did not fix the problem? any ideas? thanks.

2. Swinn

Swinn Member

Are the rotors that you purchased the cheapest ones that you could find. They could be poorly machined. I have heard/read to have new rotors turned before putting them on. I have never done it. Did you change your brake pads and check the slides to make sure that they are free.? Or that the pistons are free? These are some things to look at but I am certainly not a mechanic.

3. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Let me know if you figure this out. My 2000 #7700 has just started doing the same thing. Almost bucking when I hit the brakes. Rotors were replaced last summer, so it SHOULDNT be them. The truck only has 45K easy miles on it so I hate to think of it being a major problem. Other than that, I love the truck. Other than having to replace starter cables twice (they tell me this has been a problem with the Fords) I havent had anything to complain about.
    Ray

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

You say you have a vibration, is it in the streering wheel or the brake peddle?

5. BATTLIN_BLAZES

BATTLIN_BLAZES Member

I'm pretty sure its a brake problem but not sure what it is? I just took off the wheels, rotors still look good to me (smooth no chips pits etc) and we're recently replaced? I guess it could be the pads? The truck just turned 35,000 its an 01. pads are getting wore down but not real bad yet. The rotors were installed by ford under warranty so I would guess they are decent rotors but who knows anymore? Not sure if they put pads on it or not it was a war to get the rotors changed but after calling ford direct they did it. if they didnt change the pads would that cause this?

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

DO you feel the vibration in the wheel or the brake peddle?...Rob

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Any oil or grease on the parts, backing plates or tires?
    (splashed up from the road)
    It can cause the pads to grip better or worse causing a wheel to lock making the anti locks activate. A pedal flutter, with a "Bink Bink " noise under the hood - vers the up down movement of the brake pedal with an out of round rotor. If the rotors were turned they may of warped under heavy / repeated use of plowing. New rotors pressed onto the old hubs have to be finish cut to work right The caliper slides must be wire brushed well and brake grease applied to have the brakes work right every-time.
    I just finished this job on my F-250.