1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 2015 Plow Options

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pristine PM ltd, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

So just heard that Snoway isn't sure if they will be able to put a plow on an 150 - I have a 2014 that has a 26r, and I just ordered 3 more. Little worried now, any thoughts?

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Cancel order?

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Buy a real truck or 3? :D

4. 1olddogtwo

Hahaha.....

5. Pristine PM ltd

Can't cancel, we ordered in July. Just frustrating, and stupid on our end... I hate ordering by paperwork.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

So Ford changed the frame on the 2015? How hard would it be to fab a mount. Might cost a few bucks but at least you need 3.

You need Snoway for the down pressure?

7. Pristine PM ltd

I assume I will just go with it and see. It isn't the frame issue, it's electronic I think, also, liability with regard to 6 guys in it with a plow

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a plowing school now? Sounds like 100 years ago when I took drivers education.

9. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

You think the 2015 will be in before winter? Have you already ordered the plows?

10. Pristine PM ltd

Good point, my supplier had the truck specs, and called me and got me worried, turns out, I am getting '14s the 15 won't be out till November. I feel stupid now, but relieved, I just thought he had read the specs before he called me last night and worried me. The F350's we ordered are 15's and I think that might have confused me or him. 26r's are good to go!

11. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

With your luck you will have 26r snow ways on f350 dually a and 8611s on f150s

I love your stories.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

????? there may not be a mount yet but they will have one.

13. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Pristine, have you been able to test out the 26R's on anything yet? I was thinking of trying a 26R on a shortbox regular cab 1500 Chevy. Our '06 Chevy 1500/7-6" V-Boss is getting a little ancient. Boss-Chevy doesn't allow the V on new 1500's

14. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We've done a couple 2014 F150s in the last couple weeks no issue.

16. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

BOSS makes a plow for the 2015. At the Chicago Auto Show this past spring FORD had the new F-150 on display with a BOSS plow on it. They showed the plow package model there fully decked out as one of the options for the new model.

17. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

cool, the girl may get one next year after they've been out a few months at least, don't need any more 1/2 ton trucks but something we can put a 7'6" standard or super duty boss plow on "which we have a bunch", would be great.... we only use a couple of them and the rest of the trucks all use 9 footers or V plows so those are used as backups basically.

18. 1olddogtwo

FWIW, I just put a Western Mid-weight on a 2015 F150 with the 5.0. It's a CCSB without plow prep.

3/4 inch drop, no effect on steering so far, tomorrow night should be the test.

19. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'm sure that info helped the op.... a year after:waving:

20. 1olddogtwo

For future generations to learn