1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f-superduty opinions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dubeb31, Jan 17, 2006.

1. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

i'm currently looking for another plow rig....what is you guys input on 99 and 2000 SD f-250's and 350's??? tranny? axles?

2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I'm sorry, I can't really say about the 99-00's, but I absolutely love my 04 (if that helps) Very strong, durable trucks. I've had no problems so far, but I only have about 10k miles.

Anyways, I love 'em and around here, the Superduty's are the most plowed with, at least it seems.

3. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

I was a chevy guy all my life and the first ford i bought was a 00 f-250 superduty and that started it, i have now 2 of them! I like ford superduty trucks they are built tough and alot bigger too..You dont see a geo tracker pushing snow in alaska (if so send me the pic)they use big trucks and thats what ford is a big truck.I too have not had any problems besides the exhaust manifolds rusting but the chevys have the same thing so its not just a ford issue.If you like the big trucks then get a ford ,if you want a smaller truck get a chevy .But i think you would be happier plowing with a ford !!!!:gunsfiring: RAIN

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  4. remtech1

remtech1 Junior Member

i have a 99 f -350 diesel p/u w/ 8" fisher & it is a great truck .(7.3 l ih) i would still advise listening closely to the tranny . if it makes noise have it checked asap . blew the pump in mine last year during a big storm / cost about 3800. to replace + time down +paying subs to do my aaounts. still love that truck cuz it pushes like a dozer. also have an 03 dump w/ torque shift ,dump & 9' fisher. mixed feelings on the 03. great truck but needed new turbo at 24000 miles and you have to babey the tranny ie. reverse to forword without complete stop = broken snap rings / blown tranny.back to the 99,7.3 is tried and true but the gas jobs beet the trannies less i think. i love diesel but its more pricey and if you aren't loaded or hauling alot it might make sense to stick to gas. the fords are work trucks.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

My 99 7.3 diesel F-350 dump rocks plowing snow. I love that truck. Soon as I can afford to. I will have another Ford F-350 pick up.

6. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Down with Ford cars except maybe a couple of there models, but I can`t say more about there trucks. I `ve owned ford trucks since the mid. 70`s and have had very little problems. I Had an 86 F 150 I had new, drove it for 12 years then drove it to the junk yard after I put 170,000 miles on it. It was still running great when I left it there. The body was shot to hell though. I think I paid around 8,000 dollars for it, put very little into it as far as major repairs. So if you do the math It served me well !! .

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought my 04 F-250 6.0 Diesel and I love it so far....if it would snow I could tell you how it pushes too.....:angry: :angry: :cry:

8. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I'm into the second year and 15000+- miles on my '04 and have yet to have a problem. The thing has plenty of power for what I use it for. I've put a full ton of mix in the Vpro and it barely sagged at all!!
    I like the idea of the old solid axle design!! My Bro works at a 4wd shop and recommended the F350 for plowing. And he installs plows on everything!!

Good luck with whatever you choose.

9. hobbie

hobbie Junior Member

I have a 1999 F-350 and a 2000 F-250 both with powerstrokes both with 9'2" Boss V's. I love both trucks, never run out of power. I really like the solid front axle.

10. Foxfire

Foxfire Senior Member

My superduty rocks !!!

11. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 2000 F350 auto 7.3L PSD with a 8' Western and it has plowed since it was new. The PSD has a ton of power! I will never own another gas engine again. Very stout truck, look for one with manual locking hubs not the auto hubs. Mine has the trailer towing package and the plow package, no sagging front springs and it can haul everything I can fit in the back. In stock form the tranny can use a heavy duty cooler and torque converter. Then again whose trans (GM or DCX) couldn't use these upgrades.

12. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a 1999 F250 PSD with over 200,000 miles and it just keeps running strong and pulls like hell, I don't plow with this one it's only to tow to the track with.