1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-Superduty 4x4 Dump w/plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by OldSchoolPSD, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Listing this separate from my other "stuff for sale" thread in hopes to get a little more traffic.

Heres the specifics:

1995 F-Superduty 4x4 dump truck
    -Quigley 4x4 conversion (Dana 70 front/ Dana 80 rear)
    -7.3/auto
    -76k original miles
    -9' western unimount with rubber edge and poly shoes
    -central hydraulics
    -10 foot dump body
    -hydraulic tailgate spreader
    -6 brand new tires

I have included pictures of all the problem areas. The dump body needs a little patching and the cab has some rust in it, but no major rot that would be an issue for DOT inspection.

I will not separate the truck, plow, and spreader. $7500 takes the whole thing.

This truck only has 76k miles on it and it runs like a top. Its not a show winner but it is the best running truck I own.

2. OldSchoolPSD

[​IMG]
    Running Video (click)

3. OldSchoolPSD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All six tires are fresh and they all match (same size/tread/make)

4. OldSchoolPSD

5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Didn't you just buy this thing?

6. OldSchoolPSD

Yes I did. My financial situation has changed and I will be replacing this one with a new truck.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

always fun to go looking for new trucks glad your situation changed for the better. .

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Good to hear!

9. OldSchoolPSD

No bites on this one so it's going to the body shop next week for rust repair and paint, then the price goes up to $11k. I don't need this truck but if it doesn't sell there is always room for it on my municipal contracts this winter.

10. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Saw somebody on lawnsite looking for something similar to this today. I think kms are in his range, not 100 percent sure about year.

11. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

12. OldSchoolPSD

good looking out

13. OldSchoolPSD

New price $5300

14. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

if you where closer id be thinking about it. its just a mean looking truck. Imagine that thing all black no rust with nice wheels?

15. durafish

from 02919

Is that with the plow? How's the frame and stuff. How mad is the rot in the bed and cab? Consider trades?

16. OldSchoolPSD

That includes the plow and spreader. The frame is solid, the cab has had some rot in the cab corners but nothing crazy. No holes you can stick a finger through or anything like that.

The dump body is pretty ate up. I wouldn't haul any pea gravel with it. If someone buys the truck I can work up a discounted estimate to sandblast, repair, and paint the body.

Not really looking for trades, but I do need a SRW service body and I would consider trade for an F-450/550 or IH flat bed or utility body.

Basically selling the truck because we are moving away from the truck body and equipment repair and going to only structural and architectural fabrication and erection. When I bought this truck we were rolling pretty hard with the regular welding shop work and the intention was to sneak it in with a customers body when work got slow to keep my guys busy. Problem is that work never slowed down, so it has been sitting ever since other than the occasional trip to the dump. Time to face the fact that we will probably never get around to working on this thing.

17. OldSchoolPSD

Here's what you are dealing with on the dump body. It could easily be patched up to be made serviceable but if you wanted it to look nice you'd have a little bit of labor tied up in it.
    [​IMG]

Frame is solid, a lot of the factory paint is still on there. This is Maryland, we aren't really in the snow belt.
    [​IMG]

18. durafish

from 02919

Wow thats a good deal. How has it not sold? The bed is rusty but fixable it looks. If i had a crew and a need for it id deff sell my chevy for it. Good luck with the sale.

19. OldSchoolPSD

Yeah if it doesn't sell at this price I will see what it makes me this winter and hopefully that will justify buying a 3-4yard spreader so I can put a flatbed on it and pull my gooseneck. It's got a ton of life left in it but I really have no use for a dump truck other than pushing snow.

20. OldSchoolPSD

$4500... I need the cash for my Petercar and I'm coming to the realization that I will never get the time to work on this truck and make it presentable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.