1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f/s Western 1000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Menghi08F150LT, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

Bought it used last year, used only twice using maybe 5-6 bags of salt in it. It's been sitting all year. The lower bearing is ceased and needs to be replaced ($30 online). Other than that it's a working unit, it works really well. I just don't like that you basically have to put the salt in when you're going to use it and not drive with it full like in a box. I haven't put it on my truck this year, not even for this last storm, and have no plans to do so. It's a hitch mount for a 2" receiver (NOT the swing away!) Spreads salt, and Ive heard you can use it to spread a dry sand mix too.

It could use a good cleaning, which I will do before any visits. The metal on it is a little rusty on the surface. Comes with the basic controls (On-Off-Spray) and the harness which is still in my truck. No optional light or vibrator.

Besides the lower bearing being seized it works fine. I have no plans on using it, it's too heavy for me to put on and remove alone, and loading bags of salt puts a strain on me (I was diagnosed with lyme disease this summer and haven't fully recovered).

Asking $600 obo.

Located in Southeastern CT, near the Waterford Speedbowl.
    860 235 3842

[​IMG]

2. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

need to come towards chicago any time? soon i have cash....

3. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

??? do yah? i'll give you $600.00 shipped!

4. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

Sorry, I didn't know this was replied to :p I'm not coming anywhere near IL any time soon :)

Ultimately I've decided not to sell it because of recent storms. Sorry