1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f/s swenson

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dirtmandan2, Sep 24, 2011.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I've got an 8' Swenson v box spreader I'm going to sell sometime in the next few weeks... Engine went bad last year and am putting on a 17.5 hp brigs. This motor used to be in my riding motor and a valve went out. Thats getting fixed now and then we'll see what we have to do to get it mounted and working on spreader. Everything works on spreader and no rust holes, however could use a blasting and paint. I dont really know how much to ask for it. I want to replace it with a small spreader. My old one was a snow ex 1875 and I want something similar, so I am open to trade, no junk please, turn key only

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Where u located? Will u just sell outright?

3. dirtmandan2

yes ill sell it outright but will probably be a couple weeks before its ready.. im in central wisconsin chicagos bout 3 1/2 hours south of here

4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

5. dirtmandan2

I can swing by there sometime tomorrow and take a couple pics... id like to try and get some of my money back out of it and then buy another snow ex... im guessing somewhere around $1400 ish. It will be in good working order before sold... parts for the engine will be here tuesday or wednesday.. If you'd like to do that work yourself I'd take off a couple hundred. But like i said I don't know what exactly will need to be machined until we mount the engine... The engine that was on it was a 8 hp and I thought a little under powered. The the 17 hp is overkill but I already have it