1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S stainless steel smith spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by fireboy6413, Feb 20, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

I am selling my 6 1/2 stainless steel salter made by smith spreader. These are excellent spreaders and will last you, I bought this at the beginning of the year and only ran sand thru it. The guy I bought it from is the original owner since bought new. This was only used as a back for its entire life. The motor it had on it was a 8.5 brigs, which was shot, and the was original motor. I replaced it with a spare 11hp brigs I had laying around. I was going to replace the bearings and put a new battery on it, but I just wired it to my truck so no need for all that. Clutch engages good does not slip what so ever. The bearings do hold grease and do not grind, drive chain is in decent shape, could use a new drive belt at some point, I included some pics, its dirty so excuse the pics, I also included a pic of an area that I cleaned so you can see its just lots of dirt and a little bit of surface rust, which all will come off with a cleaning. I'm asking $1200.00 OBO. I have no need for this spreader any more, im looking into an electric snow ex. Located in Rockland NY Thanks

2. fireboy6413

Ok I tried to upload pics, buts its failing, I will continue to get these pics up as soon as I can figure whats up with them

3. fireboy6413

Ok here we go

Smith Spreader FS 0010.jpg

Smith Spreader FS 0011.jpg

Smith Spreader FS 0015.jpg

Smith Spreader FS 016.jpg

4. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Man this seems like a good deal!

5. fireboy6413

It is, the only thing I dont have is a in cab controller, I made a switch panel, which controls every things. Make some offers

Also this is a short bed spreader, it can hold 1.2 yards

6. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What type of snow ex are you looking for

7. vinnys

vinnys Senior Member

8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Where in NY are you ?

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Rockland county he said

10. fireboy6413

Guys Im about 45 Mins out of NYC vinnys PM sent, im looking for a 6000 or 7500, but im gonna wait till next year for the purchase

11. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

6000 are tough because some buckets are bigger than the hopper and it makes a mess good luck with your sale

12. fireboy6413

Thats why I think im gonna lean more with the 7500, Thanks we will see I may just buy new next near not sure yet

13. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Not to get off topic of selling your salter but I'm waiting till spring then upgrading 1 maybe 2 od my 8000s for 8500s because a local dealer has a few leftover I twill pm u when I do maybe we can get a better deal

14. fireboy6413

Yeh let me know, I heard the upgraded the 7500, any idea what they upgraded on it

15. fireboy6413

still for still time left in the season to make some money with this spreader

16. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

These are great spreaders, I have 2 of them, Its super easy to do an electric conversion for less than $400.00

17. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

They two I have are both electric

18. fireboy6413

These are great spreaders, these are the same manufacture that NYSDOT uses

19. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Great spreader at a great price. I have the same unit but electric and it has been awesome.

Good luck with the sale.

20. SVDS

SVDS Junior Member

Mike - email me I am very interested in the spreader. steve@lenvanbuilders.com
    I do not have enough posts for pm to work