1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f/s lund moon visor

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PLOWMAN45, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a moon visor i took off a chevy 2000 silverado it has amber lights make me and offer or im just gonna toss it

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I just got off another site searching for one. But I dont think it would fit my 96 Cheyenne

3. PLOWMAN45

i have no idea i thought it coverd from 92-2000 lund.com

4. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Do you have an item or model #? Id like to make sure it would fit before I buy it.

What would be an asking price?

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I emailed lund about if it would fit. I believe you are right, I was looking at truckaddons.com. It says 92-2000 full size trucks, ext cab. I dont have the ext cab, but that shouldnt matter should it? It doesnt change the cab front?

6. PLOWMAN45

no its the roof

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

So would it make a difference on the visor? I have a reg cab.

8. PLOWMAN45

its shouldnt i have a reg cab

9. PLOWMAN45

here are the pics

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

10. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

What can you tell me about the wiring. How hard is it to install?

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

the only diffrence i have seen is 88-up non factory cab lights. 88-up with factory cab lights. and dont forget some 1999-2000 carry over old body styles. best & easyest way to tell get his truck model & year. find part # on like summit raccing. then do search for yours. if match good to go.

dont forget 99 - up body change. called now body - silverado body style. wont swap to old c-k 88-up body.

and lund sells a bolt/cap kit cheep to give you new bolts and paintable caps to install them.

wirring just runs down door weather strip and in to cab and tie in to headlight / running light system.

12. PLOWMAN45

6 self taping screws and it two wires thats all i know

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Im sure it would fit, and it woudnt be hard to paint to match my truck. Id like to know how much shipping is. I work in a shipping dept. and if you could tell me size, and an approximate weight, I could look into a price to ship. Do you have any idea how much youd like for it?

14. PLOWMAN45

it was like 15.00 bucks

15. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

You paid $15? Im being a REAL pain, and I know. but do you have any model #? If not. its ok. But I would like rough size and estimated weight.

If you paid $15 id pay shipping and give you your $15 back, thats a STEAL.

16. PLOWMAN45

well was a ship to wi 4ft 6 inches long 18 inches wide 2 thick its about 10lbs or so thats usps prioirty

17. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thanks. I know it will cost more because of size, but ups website says $13.49 for standard shipping. If you dont mind, thats would probably be best. Ill check on shipping cost tomorow. Id give you $15 plus shipping. It says it will fit 92-2000 ext cabs. but you dont have an ext cab and it fits, so why not mine? Worst case I lose some money, but I wouldnt be out too much. Ill give you a final word tomorrow.

18. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Are u just willing to get enough to cover shipping if so let me know because i wouldn't even have to paint it seeing how my truck is a 99 new style and white thanks Joe

19. PLOWMAN45

i have had people say 35 or 40 nucks i saw used one sell for 75.00 and new 275.00 so 35 or 40 bucks for my time

20. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Id checked shipping, no prob. If you are ok with my price, Ill take it. Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.