1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S flat bed dump bed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by kj330, Feb 21, 2010.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

i will get the dimensions soon. 9 ft long. 3/4 plywood floor. metal framework is in excelent shape. no real rust. needs new scissor hoist and possible pump. perfect for mowing crew.. sell for 500.00 call kevin @ 860-513-9869

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Can you get some pic. What brand truck was it on ?

3. kj330

kj330 Member

here are some picks

here is a pic.. i am trying to get others up. it is on a 2000 f250 with an 8' box. rand name of dump bed is a Knapahede.. i am the second owner and adapted the sides and head rack to fit my truck. also has a cusom pivoting tailgate (steel) for hauling mulch,stone or loam)

100_0165.jpg

4. kj330

kj330 Member

another pic

100_0052.jpg

5. quigleysiding

whats wrong with the hoist?

6. quigleysiding

Can you get the measurements of the frame width?Is it electric or does it need a P.T.O.?

7. kj330

kj330 Member

it is electric. the bed size is 7' wide and 9' long. currently it is sitting on my frame of 37.5" wide. the frame of the unot is 35" outside to outside. The hoist cylinder is in good shape. but for it to work really well you need to put a scissor under it. the pump was working fine, but i think a wire is loose. i am going to look into that. there is also a 2 button controller that i have mounted in my cab..with a scissor hoist this bed could easily dump whatever the truck could hold..ps.. i would trade this plus some cash for a nice 8' f 250 box,bumper,lights and bolts

8. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

Im deffinately interested, pm me your number i'd like to take a look at it this week. Im in waterbury, is it still on your truck?

9. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

just realized your number was up top, ill give you a call tomorrow

10. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Did you sell it?

11. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

anyone know if this will work on a short bed truck or is the frame not gonna line up

12. highridge

highridge Member

Still for sale?

13. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

More pics by any chance? if its still forsale

14. kj330

kj330 Member

still for sale.. sorry for the delay. it may work on a short bed you would have some overhang for sure.. call kevin @ 860-513-9869

15. highridge

highridge Member

Got any pics of it with the bed down? I'm really interested.

16. kj330

kj330 Member

highridge.. i cant get the pic to upload. if you get me a cell # i can shoot it to you that way

17. kj330

kj330 Member

Bump bump....................................400.00

18. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Would love to have it but you're just too far away!

19. kj330

kj330 Member

morning bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

20. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Good morning, Nice looking bed.Could you send me some pics. Heres the number i (231) 679 6860.Thnx Brad