1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/s: Cat 267b

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ford550, Feb 24, 2009.

1. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

FOR SALE (pictures below): A 2005 CAT 267B MTL. This machine runs very good and is in clean condition. This machine has 1,384 hours. One track is brand new and the other is at 65%-70%. This machine was purchase in April '08 and was Certified Used from CAT. Just about the entire undercarriage on both sides was replaced, bogeys, drive sprockets, etc. Self-leveling bucket and cat front and back lights. GP bucket included. This was purchased as an open ROPS machine. We used it for snow, so I bought a CAT door and installed it, also plexiglass sides and an auxillary heater was installed. These things will come with the machine, but technically it is an open ROPS. If you can't afford to buy this machine outright, CAT can do a transfer with the current loan to you (details upon request, very easy thru CAT). I am looking at reducing my overhead. Asking $20,985.00

014.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

020.jpg

2. tojay22

tojay22 Member

im very interested. would you take a part trade and some cash for a cat 257 its an 04 with 2200 hours. let me know. heres a pic as well. pm me what you think. thanks, jason

mem card 1 293.jpg

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

How well does the cab stay heated? Able to plow for 8 hours and stay warm?

4. tojay22

tojay22 Member

"and an auxillary heater was installed" you can see it up by the back window. haha i was thinking the same thing.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I was thinking that too. Personally I'd have mounted one by the operators feet.

6. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Jason, thanks but I don't want a trade, just to sell outright.

It isn't hot or anything. But my guys spend 8 hours in it and they don't complain. It takes the bite out of the air and keeps you from freezing. I will put a thermometer in there next time to see. I would say 40*. Like I said, I made something work with an open ROPS machine. If no one buys this machine and I have to keep it, I will install the heater and real side windows in it for $1600. I already put the door on. I just didn't have the money to finish with the other two items.

I wanted to put it there, but it wouldn't fit anywhere down there. Also, if I tried, it would catch your legs on fire.

7. NoFearDeere

How does it do in the snow and are you able to actually add the factory cab setup for the machine from Cat?

8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

It is a beast in the snow. It has the asv undercarriage, so the tracks are the good ones for snow. It pushes our 10' pusher full no problem. I already put the factory CAT door (brand new) on it. All it needs now is the heater core with vents and side windows, all of which can be purchased through CAT for about $1600. At the begining of the snow season I looked into doing the whole thing, funds kept me from doing more than the door.

9. NoFearDeere

One more thing, 2 speed or not?

10. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

No, it's a single speed. But the CAT's are fast, 7 mph without a 2 speed. We use it for snow in our Lowe's parking lot and it is fast enough.

11. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Bump...........

12. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

bump for myself.........

13. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

bump for a nice machine

14. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Wow, what a nice machine....... :)

15. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

You know you want to buy it........................

16. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

keepin' it up at the top............................

17. tojay22

tojay22 Member

does the 10' avalanche come with it with it?

18. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

No, I actually need that.

19. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

wednesday hump day bump.....................

20. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

what dealer sold it to you? are there any known problems?