1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/s 8' Fisher Mm -1 - Like New!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Nascar24, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

This is a 8' HD Fisher MM-1- that has been torn down , sandblasted refinished and rebuilt with all new components. This has a New Insta-Act pump, New Hydraulic Hoses, Cylinders and Fittings. New Headlamps, and New pins. This is a "Three" plug plow, and will fit any full size 3/4 ton truck. This is a plow side only, no mounts, or harnesses are available with this sale.

For someone who's putting together a plow truck this is an excellent start! With a set of truck mounts and harnesses you can be out making money instead of patching up an old worn out plow.

Do you have an old worn out MM and not sure how it will perform this winter? Why not be ready for when the first storm hits! This plow is really like new and will provide someone with many years of service , so don't delay the last rebuilt MM-1 I had went quick! $2300 call 508 753 6617 or e-mail me at jphanratty@charter.net

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

just like the last one, i gotta comend you on a job very well done! looks awesome!! how long does it take you? do you plan on keeping doing this as ill probably be needing another plow next year and if you are, i'll definitely considered buying one from you.

don't mean to hijack the thread.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Why wait till next year, I take trades, lol

Its a labor of love,75-100 hours+ sublet sand blasting and painting,but I really don't keep track of my time, this Fisher has been "In the Works" for about a month, with a few others that I'm doing similar repairs to. I find the Fisher plows are typically the most expensive to rebuild, due to the Insta Act system and the lighting, they also seem to be the most competitive to sell.

I try very hard to repair these plows as if I was going to keep them for my self, I know what its like at 2am ,-20F, with heavy wet snow blowing, its alway's nicer to be inside the cab working and making money rather than freezing your fingertips, lying on the wet ground trying to patch things up.

I currently have five plows available Two Diamonds, one Fisher, one Meyer MDII, one Curtis, out of all of them I prefer plowing with a Fisher, but I enjoy working an a Diamond much better.

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Wow!!!

I would be at your place right now paying you cash for that beauty!!!
    Mass is a liittle to far from Albuquerque New Mexico, i might as well pay the 2700.00 more for a new one seeing as i would spend that in gas there and back!
    NICE LOOKIBG PLOW!!

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Want It, we can ship it!

Hi

If you want it I can ship it!

give me a call 508 753 6617

Jay

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Jay, do you find that $2,300 is pretty much the going rate for a practically new (obviously restored to new) Fisher MM? What do you think about an 8' MM2 that's a year old with no sign of wear? Reason I ask the question is that a buddy wants a somewhat used 8' Fisher and I'm kinda thinking of upgrading to a larger one for my 3500. I'll also be passing along your name & the pictures here to him, but I was also curious about my own plow value.

~Kevin

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Fisher Plow values

Hi

Personally if a plow is powder coated I think they're worth less. I try to find non powder coated plows, they tend to have less corrosion damage, they clean up easier as far as the sand blasting goes. Most powder coated plows tend to trap moisture and water behind any chipped, cracked or scratched surfaces, it holds the moisture and starts the rusting. A painted plow will certainly rust but I find it doesn't pit the steel as much as a powder coated plow. Sand Blasting a powdercoated plow costs more than twice as much as a painted model. I also find that you have to bake the raw steel of a powdercoated plow prior to refinishing, for some reason powdercoating traps the solvent that steel typically gets pickled with prior to powder coating into the grain of the steel and the baking process helps release the cleaning solvent.

When I re-doo my own powder coated plow I will be spending a fortune on the sand blasting, I'm also planning on refinishing it with Dupont's Imron 5000 paint system, with an epoxy primer undercoat., it will probably run me between $1200-$1500, most of it being the sandblasting.

I would say that here in New England they're running in the $2000-$ 2500 range, I've seen them for less and I've seen them for more, I just know I don't make much on these Rebuilt Fisher's, I put too much into them! lol

Please pass my info onto your buddy, I appreciate the referrals!

Jay

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

sent you an email...

thanks
    mike