1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S: 2006 Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BreyerConstruct, Sep 29, 2009.

1. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

In business, you have to be honest with yourself. For us, that meant reviewing the tools and equipment we own, and comparing it to what we need. Turns out, we have enough tools & equipment for a company about 2x our size!

So, we're working thru the slow process of consolidating our tools, and selling whatever we don't need.

Without further ado, here's the first item on the chopping block:

This is a 2006 Chevy 2500HD truck that we purchased new in the Fall of 2006. It was our first new vehicle in the company, and proved to be a solid purchase.

The basic facts:
    • Regular Cab
    • Work Truck
    • 6.0 V8
    • 5 Speed
    • 4x4
    • 42,xxx miles
    • Still under an extended Chevy warranty

Notes:
    • Ladder rack is included
    • Tool box is included
    • CB Radio is included
    • Brake controller is included
    • Revolving light is included
    • The tires on it are slightly bigger than stock- and have plenty of tread left.
    • Unless purchased as well, the plow mount, spreader mount, and related wiring/controllers will be removed. (Stay tuned for those listings). 

It’s in the dealership right now (where it’s been serviced since purchase) to get an inspection, oil change, and replace a few items under warranty (2-3 speakers stopped working, and the A/C blower was not working properly).

There is some evidence of wear & use (stains on the seats, a few small dents/scratches, etc.). However, I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere!

KBB lists this truck as $14,500 in “good” and $13,500 in “fair” without the “extras” listed above in the notes.
    We’d like to get over $14k… but I’ll entertain any offer (‘cept “tree-fiddy”).

Also, I’d be glad to make it available locally for a test drive or inspection at a local mechanic of your choice, just let me know.

This truck has served us well- and rather than keep sitting, I’d like to see it start making someone else some money.

Thanks guys!
    ~Matt

504.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that truck has to be rare w/ the 5speed.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Darn you took at the vinyl off! Nice truck, can't afford it right now!

4. BreyerConstruct

Rich-

Vinyl's off, and the whole body was gone over to clean up a few dents/dings (not perfect- but much better!).
    Oh, and once finished, they waxed it... and then John went over it and detailed the interior.

Can you tell we like this truck? LOL

And yes, it's rare to get a manual- I wanted to get one in my newer truck (08 DMax), but alas, it's no longer offered.

~Matt

5. MrSmitty

MrSmitty Junior Member

Great looking Truck...

6. BreyerConstruct

Thanks!
    ~Matt

7. BreyerConstruct

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't put a reserve price?

9. BreyerConstruct

We started it with a very, very low reserve.

Right now, it's a heck of a deal!!!

~Matt

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I will go up but not until the last 10 minutes, or if your like me, the last 30 seconds.

Good luck, at least you know it's sold.