1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S 2003 Ford F-250 4x4 7.3 Turbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ff610, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

2003 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3l Diesel (the good one!), AT, PW, PL, Leather, BFG A/T Tires, Fiberglass topper. 135,910 Miles. Plow 7'6" Western Uni-mount with wings. Truck was only plowed with the last few years. I'm listing the truck for a buddy of mine who subs for me. Contact him with any questions. Mitch (563)529-4808

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  2. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Additional pictures

3. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Last picture

4. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Anyone interested? I thought these were the one's everyone wanted?
  5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Its overpriced with those miles and being a plow truck.
  6. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

x2! Thinking the same thing.
  7. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

That was my first thought too....But other threads on here talk about this being one of the popular ones because of the 7.3. So I think he's trying to get close to private party NADA for it even though NADA is never accurate! Time will tell I guess. It is a really nice truck though and well maintained and cared for. Thanks guys!
  8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

My buddy has same truck with no plow. 180k miles, and when he sells next year it will list for 8-10k. Probably 190k miles.
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its the truck that people "want" but not being plowed, towed, and having rust bubbles in the 1/4's for $18500 plus he has additional guages in it that one would assume he's put a programmer on it as well. Maybe $15k is more like it.
  10. pasto_guy

pasto_guy Member

I agree that it is overpriced. Just bought a 97 F250 4x4 with 7.3 only 81,000 miles, no plow for 8400.00 Good luck on your sale though, he is gonna have to come down.
  11. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

i could do 13000 and come pick it up.
  12. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

the NADA retail on the truck is $19,675 and depending on the stereo and a few other options could be more.
    The NADA trade is $16,350..
    The books are just a guide, the over all condition and local market will dictate what the truck is really worth.
    NADA , KBB and edmunds are national books, which means the values will be a national average, so a convertable will be high in there for my Ohio market but right on in a warmer weather coast, same goes for trucks, a 4x4 truck won't bring the money that NADA say's it should in Florida or Texas because the values from the midwest are inflating it. NADA and Black Book are the only two that car dealers use since they get there data directly from what we are selling and buying vehicles for.
    The plow does hurt it because alot of people will assume it's beat and a rust bucket. Taking all this in and judging by the pics i think the truck is worth $16,500- $17,300 retail. If it were on my lot i would ask $18,495 and be willing to discount it up to $2000 if thats what it took top sell it.
  13. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I would have to agree with you. From my experience working as an arbitrator at a dealers auction I can understand how plows affect value. The fact that this truck has only had a plow for a couple years is also evident, and it's clear by looking at it it has been taken care of. The plow included I don't think he'll have any problem getting 16k. But like everywhere, people rarely buy something for asking price, and you always have those that wanna low ball you.

No way he would sell it for 13k either I can guarantee that! And I wouldn't even try to compare a '97 Ford to it because there is no comparison. Those older body styles aren't even close to the same truck! IMO.

I do find it funny that even people on plow site have a stigma that ALL plow trucks that have plows are beat to death. I know a lot of people including myself that would compare the care of my trucks to your everyday Joe non-plow truck and ours are probably better maintained all around.

Anyways I'm just trying to help a buddy here guys not debate these other issues. If you not interested, no big deal I'm sure you'll find your jewel somewhere else. Thanks for all the thoughts.