1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S 2000 Peterbilt Hooklift

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hlntoiz, Sep 24, 2012.

1. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

For Sale is my 2000 Peterbilt hooklift 33,000 GVWR, 8LL Trans, 247,000 miles 36" or 54" hook height, Air Breaks, Air suspension (you can dump the bags), AC is cold, with a 10yd dumpster you can carry about 8 tons legally.

I purchased 3 years ago with about 227,000miles and totally went though this truck.

Professionally Rebuilt the 3126 Cat engine at about 235,000 miles which includes:

• New Turbo
    • 3 new injectors
    • New Compressor for PSI
    • New AC Compressor
    • All new Seals on the top end
    • New Condensing unit
    • New Thermostat
    • New belts

Truck came with a 6spd fuller Trans, the clutch went this spring and 5th gear wouldn't hold. I had Camerota Install a new re-man Eaton 8LL trans instead. This was the best thing I did for this truck. The trans is awesome and still has a warranty till April of 2014.

Tons of little things also......

Hook is a Ampliroll AL 100 Series

This one has a Hydraulic telescoping jib. That means you can hook both 36" and 54" hook height cans, Both Dumping cylinders where rebuilt at $900 ea. I have hooked 9-10 tons onto this truck.

Some custom stuff:
    6 Alcoa rims, all rubber is good ( I have some extra tires also)
    Whelen Strobe with working lights, and stobes on the rear of the truck
    Aluminum Headache Rack (There used to be a tarpping system but I didn't like it, so I installed this to take up the space so it looks good)
    Custom Locking mechanism for the dumpsters
    Kenwood Radio
    I have a new front bumper for it also, just haven't had a chance to put it on. I was going to do some custom lighting in it then have it re-chromed.
    There is a scuff on the front passenger fender which can be easily fixed. (I can get pics)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this truck, the only reason I am selling it is because a bought a 2003 that has a tag axle and a higher GVWR and better suits my needs.

Asking $38,500.00 or BO, I am a little flexible but not much, you won't find a better condition truck with any warranties, I have ALL the paperwork. No Emission BS to deal with. I also have a couple dumpsters that I can sell also, one is on the truck in the pic that is a 20yd, I have another one just like it and also a 10yd one too. All the dumpsters where sandblasted and painted about 2 months ago. Package deal available.

Thanks for looking, Please serious inquires only, no tire kickers. and NO my co-pilot is not included!

Please PM me or you can call or txt me eight-six-zero 463-two279

Pete 8.12.2.jpg

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Too bad it isn't an auto or I would be making a road trip to CT Matt.

Bump for a nice truck. And you can believe what he tells you about the truck and its condition.

3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Hard to find an auto that old. The 8 LL is awesome

4. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

Good truck here guy

5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Not a bad price. I would love the hooklift system. Just not to big of a fan of the motor.

6. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

The only good thing about the 3126 is parts are readily available. This one is almost completely rebuilt and has ran very good since.

7. SullivanSeptic

Parts are very available, but it cant be completely rebuilt. At least the block cant be.

8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

ya but there are so many of them it isnt' an issue. The tranny made all the difference for this truck. 8LL is perfect

9. SullivanSeptic

Thats what i have in mine. Its does make a world of difference. And its so simple to shift.

10. SullivanSeptic

I actually need a new motor. You know of any for sale?

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

You should be able to find something out your way. I got guys here but shipping would kill ya

12. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Alright, got the front bumper changed and the rims too. They where Round holes I put the oval holes on this one off my other truck.

This also has a 10 yd can on it with a 54" hook height. the other pic is a 20yd can with a 36" hook height.

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg