1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S 2 Spreaders

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Menghi08F150LT, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

Sander #1-

Model No. SHPE0750 0.75cu/yd capacity Sander / spreader... poly hopper with auger and spinner. Electric. This is the small one that can fit in the bed of a small truck, or even a UTV. This was used only a few times last year (never commerical, it was used on two driveways) and just needs a clean-up from sitting in a garage for the last year. It spreads very nice,works really well with dry sand. Was purchased brand new in 2011. Maintained during the season with the bearings being regularly greased after use. Comes with control, harness, cover, and tie-downs, and it has a built in vibrator.. Comes with standard chute (optional longer one not included).

This sander would be perfect for the homeowner with a long driveway or farm (I've heard this one can be used to spread seed too), or light-duty commercial use as it doesn't have a large capacity.. Would work great for small parking lots in small trucks or anything with a short bed.

They sell new at about $3500, asking $2300.

Sander #2 is a Western 1000, with harness and controller (not variable speed!), it has a ceased lower bearing and might need the shaft/upper bearing replaced as well. Before this it worked really good, I used bagged salt only with it. Hitch mount, will fit in any 2" receiver.

Best offer for this.

Will trade for an up to 8ft box sander, gas or electric. I bought a new truck at the conclusion of last season, haven't installed either sander on it and have no plans on doing so. I need the space, need them gone!!!

Both spreaders are located in Waterford, CT, about a mile from the Waterford Speedbowl (2.5 from Crystal Mall).

860-235-3842 call or text for info, pictures, etc.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. 2low

2low Member

3. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

I'm not taking any less than 2k on it. I bought it from someone after one use, as they figured out the hard way it was too small. It sold to him for $3500 from a Salt Dogg dealer near Worcester MA. Northern Tool sells it for $3500. List is $4100. I mean, I gotta at least keep one of my arms on this deal, I used the thing less than 5 times. Don't forget you have to factor in shipping and in your case, you're outside the US so I can't imagine that freighting would keep it under $3k.

I also prefer to not ship the sander, and can meet anyone on the border of CT.

I don't have any pictures right this second, I dont have a camera handy but am borrowing one tomorrow.