1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F.S. 1997 Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 04ram1500, Dec 11, 2011.

1. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

2. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

Any plow stuff for this rig??
  3. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

No, we did not use this as a plow rig. So no plow parts are installed or available.
  4. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

How is the frame? Did you do the transfercase drop with the lift?
  5. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

We purchased it with the lift already done, unknown if the t-case was dropped or not. It looks like there are 1" spacers on the skid plate to drop it down. I will see if I can get a couple pictures.
    From what I can see of the frame it looks to be solid, although there is the normal amount of rust for a '97.
  6. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Here are a couple pics of the underside. First one is the skid plate. If you would like more just ask.

7. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

What does it need for work?
  8. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

As said above there is motor work that is needed, I believe it has a lifter knock.
    Otherwise there is some rust on the body that isn't too bad but will need to be addressed. If you want I could snap some pics tomorrow.
    Also there is some vibration going down the road. It might be the rear driveshaft, because when you remove it and run in 4 wheel drive the vibration is gone.
    If you want a better expanation give me a call tomorrow after 3pm