1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f/s 1997 Chevy 3500 w/ dump insert

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by highlander316, Jun 27, 2009.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

For sale, 1997 Chevy 3500 single cab, long bed, single rear wheel with dump insert (brand unknown).

Truck is 4x4 (automatic hubs), 5speed with 454 big block (K&N filter kit, throttle body spacer, flowmaster exhaust). Decent on gas, around 10mpg even with a load in the back. With current sides, the truck will hold 5 yards of mulch. The body will lift about 2.5 tons (have had 2.5 tons of stone in the back numerous times). Truck has brand new Goodyear 245/75/16 RTS tires. Vinyl floors, bench seat was redone a little over a year ago. Truck also has rear air bags. One new Autozone Gold battery last year (new battery is for the one that starts the truck, other battery is for the body). Truck is wired for trailer.

Would make a good maintenance truck or plow truck (does not have a plow and don't believe it ever did).

Truck currently has 1004xx miles, and is rarely used (bought it April 2008 with 98xxx miles). Selling for that reason and also because I want a higher GVW truck (17-19k range). Will not separate body from truck (unless body is sold first, but would rather sell whole). Some dings and dents, it is a work truck.

$8600 OBO. Located in Easton, PA.

Call 610-751-6971 for more details.

Only good pics I have on my pc:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

3. highlander316

i'll try to remember to take some tomorrow and send them.

4. highlander316

bump bump bump

still for sale, want to move this before I move to my new shop. Make an offer.

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

dang thats a sweet truck, free bump.

6. ddlawncare

ddlawncare Junior Member

the price seems high, are you willing to drop it down some.if so let me know,if it is still for sale.thanks.

7. highlander316

still for sale. What do you have in mind.

8. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Nice truck. Price seems a little too high.
    I am sure you'd sell it quickly for around $6500.

Don't like the tailights.

Hope you sell it.

9. highlander316

yea tail lights are gay. They came with the truck. Like I said above, price is negotiable (OBO). I have bottom number in my head.

Anyway, looking to move it soon.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

im kinda interested, if you still have it in a few weeks i might be interested, need to get all my bills out.

11. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

any interest in trading for a toro dingo tx420 mini skid steer with a trencher attachment, pallet forks, smooth bucket, tree boom, and a root and rock ripper? call joe 513-489-0430

12. highlander316

bump

wanna move it, found a truck I like. Please call the number listed for more info.

$6500 OBO