1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F/S 14.5 inch 8 lug trailer rims with tires

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 2COR517, Jul 30, 2009.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My Ringo dump trailer, new two or three years ago, came with these crazy rims. The 14.5 is very common, they had 14 ply tires to carry 3,000+ pounds. What's crazy is that they are 8 lug. I had a blow out, and damaged one rim. Searching for a rim was fruitless. I called basically every trailer and tire dealer in the state. My plow dealer is also a trailer dealer. They are a regional distributor for Haulmark trailers. They also build there own equipment trailers. Very nice stuff, the point is, they know the business. NOBODY was able to locate this rim. Turns out it was a 14.5 open center rim, which is very common, with a plate welded in. They appear to be very good quality. Nice weld job, quality paint, no rusting, etc.

Anyhow, I decided to put the LT245/75/16 from my pickup on the trailer. I wanted wide radials anyway. I mostly use the trailer for roofing work, and the skinny bias ply tires sink into lawns real easy.

So, I want to sell the three rims with tires. The fourth rim is available too. It might be repairable, or the center could be cut out and welded in a new rim.

Please PM for a phone number to call to discuss. They could be shipped, though I have now idea what the cost would be. I am also willing to drive some to meet you.

Thanks, Palmer
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Bump. Decent offer and these are yours. Trying to get rid of some crap before winter.