1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-i-n-a-l-l-y got to really try out my new equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by trustyrusty, Feb 25, 2011.

1. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

We got into snow removal like six years ago and have run an old 1987 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 7 1/2' Western cable plow for the whole time. Being from the desert where we get little snow it has taken a while to build up our business enough to justify nicer equipment.

This year by the end of November that old thing had made me over $12K and we were on track for a La Nina winter which was supposedly going to dump snow on us on a regular basis. We got worried to old plow was going to give out an leave us high and dry (my route takes me 16 hours) so we went out and bought a new Hiniker 8' with Pro Wings and a 90" Daniels Pull Plow. Got it around the 2nd of December and we have only had ONE MEASLY LITTLE 2" wet, slushy storm since then. Didn't even give me a feel for the plow.

Until today. Headed out last night at 11 when our trigger hit 2" and it hasn't quit snowing since. We had 6" by 3 am and then it got real light all day but never quit.

Here's a quick pic I popped. I know the truck isn't fancy but it and the plow are light-years ahead of what I've had.

New Plow.jpg

2. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Glad ya got some snow!!! Truck looks good!!!!

3. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

looks good......it feels good to finally get a good storm to justify your new purchase ...i hope you make the bigpayup

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Truck looks good, Have fun with the snow.

5. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Thanks, guys. I found out that after 10 hours straight behind the wheel it's still a plow truck, although I'll let my brother drive the old one from now onThumbs Up.