1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F&B Landscaping 2011/12

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by timsjeep, Dec 8, 2011.

1. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Took some time to clean all my trucks yesterday and decided to take a few pictures. I don't have uniformed look to my trucks (all colors) and I don't have the newest and best, but I have some of the most experianced trucks and plows in the area :)

Here is the list from left to right:
    98 Dodge 2500 5.9 gas - Western 7.5
    95 Dodge Dakota v6 - Meyer 6.5
    06 Dodge 3500 5.9 CTD - Western 8.5
    - SnowEx 8500
    92 K2500 BB - Western 7.5
    96 Dodge 2500 5.9 gas - Western 7.5
    00 Dodge Dakota v6 - Snowway 6.5
    00 F250 PSD - Western 7.5
    98 F250 - Western 7.5
    00 K1500 - Western 7.5
    99 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD - Western 7.5
    98 Dodge 3500 5.9 CTD - Western 8
    - Fisher V-Box
    89 JD 244
    99 F350 PSD Dumpbed - Meyer 8
    - Poly Hawk electric
    98 Case 1840

Others not in group shot:
    07 Bobcat S250
    97 Dodge 2500 V10 - Western 7.5
    00 F150 supercrew - Snowway 7.5

2. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

3. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

4. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

More later
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I bet you drive the red dually dodge
  6. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Your a smart man :)

I also drive the black F250 alot, fun truck, lots of power extras!

I dont like having my logos on my trucks.
  7. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

looking good now you need some more salters
  8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

thats a lot of trucks holly
  9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice fleet, I like that dodge 2500 with the flatbed and tool boxes.
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Everything looks great and ready to go. Have a good season.
  11. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Fleet looks awesome. I would love to have that red dually.
  12. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

why so many different brands, types of trucks, colors, ect?
  13. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

i really like the ford powerstrokes, good choice, (and the skiddy, nice)
  14. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Its soo hard to find good used work trucks. I look for the best truck I can find that fits my needs for the best price. Color and brand are not important to me. All three brands make good trucks and all three make bad trucks. Finding a used one that has been taken care of is usually more important to me then color or brand. I wish I made enough money to be picky or just paint them all to match, but that is not in the cards in this economy and my market.

My mechanic is a dodge guy so he usually finds me dodges when I tell him I need a new truck, but not always.
  15. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Thanks, I really like that truck too. Thumbs Up

I love the 7.3 PSD's. That black truck is so easy to work on and delivers great power. It has a bunch of power goodies and really hauls well.
    The white one is a great truck too. Its a 99 and only has 70k miles. Other then the bed, it looks like a new truck.
  16. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

that works for me. You have no preference to class of truck either?
  17. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

That I do care about. The dakota's are my spinkler trucks in summer. I have utility shells for them and one more that is x2 Ranger. I use V6 trucks for that because they get better MPG's. They are great plow trucks for all the fast food restaurants that we plow. They fit through bank drive ups really well too. The small white Dakota is my football field plow. I plow a few fields with it. I put a 6" PVC tube over the edge so as not to damage the turf and the truck is so light it doesnt rut the ground. Here is What my shells look like.

Most of my mowing crew trucks I like to have 1/2 ton because with a single axle trailer, I don't have to worry about stopping at DOT check points. They still stop, but the DOT guys just blow over and dont care as much as 3/4 tons.

My 3/4 ton trucks are for hauling bigger trailers and are more commercial use vehicles.

My one tons are used mostly for winter sanders and or hauling the skids or my large gooseneck trailer.

In my company, every truck serves a purpose. I only have one truck that is a plow only truck, the rest are dual purpose.
  18. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Here is the red flatbed in summer form. Ugly, but works great. 300k and still runs strong.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  19. tom5301

tom5301 Member

The tires on the s250 bobcat do they grip good in the snow and if they do what kind are they?
  20. timsjeep

timsjeep Senior Member

Those are retreads that I get from TDS. They are not that good in the snow and ice. They get really hard with they are cold and then they loose their grip. Great in the summer for dirt and not bad on asphalt.
    Here is a better picture of them.