1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-750 dump truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ty27, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

So here is what my dad and I were thinking about doing: having our bobcat (763 with a snow pusher) on our trailer behind our 1995 ford F-750 dump truck (which is a gas engine, stick shift, and single axle) during snow storms doing lots that are close to each other. The truck will not have to be on any major interstate to get to where it needs to be to do the lots. So, our question is how well do you guys think this truck will get around in the snow? We probably won't need it unless it's a bigger storm (6" and up which is a bigger storm for here any way IMO) Or if there is any comments with just this set up. We may just be going crazy, but any comments will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
  2. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Ford, f-750, snowplowing
  3. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

Just hauling the skidsteer, put some serious weight in the dump and you`ll be fine.
  4. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

That's what we were maybe thinking about having a salt spreader back there for pretreating and then come hook up the trailer and the loader. Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it!
  5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i would make sure you have around 10 tons in the back of the dump and good tires on it, and you should not have any real problems
  6. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Ok, I think if we just have weight back there we will be fine towing the trailer and the loader. I will report back once we get to see how it handles. Thanks guys for helping us!
  7. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

Hey Ty27...I would put 4-5 tons in the bed of your dump bed...any more than that while pulling the trailer with the loader on it and you're going to dog the sh** out of that gas engine! JMO!
  8. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Actually we've pulled 8 tons of ab3 gravel with the loader in that truck! It will pull it it just wont do any better than 5 mpg if that lol. That truck actually was a propane truck before we bought it. It ran off of the propane in the tank. I see where you are getting at though lol
  9. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We wish it had a cummins in it for how much we use it lol! We bought it to do a huge landscaping job around a house and a big swimming pool for a friend then we ended up using to make money hauling gravel and now all it does in the winter is take up space and we finally got smart and started thinking about using it in the winter lol
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Minor details, but Ford didn't make an F750 in '95.

Probably an F700, since it's a gasser.

That truck won't hold 10 tons legally. That truck won't move itself plus 10 tons with that 429 in it and you'll need an auxiliary fuel tank to keep it moving if you try.
  11. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

But I seen on the news last night that gas was 2.15 a gallon?
  12. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

A company I worked for some time ago tried the same thing. F700 w/429 gasser and a stick. We spent more time extracting the truck, trailer and skid from ditches than we did plowing 20 acres.

Save your time and efforts for something else.
  13. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We may just buy another plow truck for an old blade we have and get another Boss v-xt on our 3500 cummins
  14. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

15. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Thanks for the input and advice guys! this was just an idea we had and we didn't have any knowledge of this truck in the snow as we don't run it during the winter unless we absolutely have to. Once again thanks for the advice!