1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f 700

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by baddboygeorge, Oct 17, 2006.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

thinking about buying one i could use a dump! the question i have is , the truck has air suspesion an he says it will only haul about a 3 ton load how can i increase that to haul more. also i was thinking of a 10 foot plow on it , will that work an is this a good truck for large properties please let me know thanks george

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What year is the truck? I would think that 3 tons is about all you are going to want to haul with it. What do you plan on plowing with it? I think a 10' shoulbe be good. Just watch out for the older Ford 370 engines that were produced from 1983-1990. Many people have told me that they are junk and have lots of problems. I don't know for sure. Other than that they are great trucks. I want to get an older one at some point.

3. baddboygeorge

hey !! how are ya?

the truck is an 86 model with an 8.2 detroit diesel an allison 4 spd. auto trans. with air suspension. I am gonna use it for hauling gravel , mulch leaves etc, an i also wanna put a plow on it to do commercial lots with will this truck do what i need please let me know thanks George

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

From what you say seems like it would fit your need. How big of a company are you? You might want to think about if and when you will expand and if you will need something bigger at some point. How much does the guy want for it? The 8.2 is better than any of the gassers.

5. baddboygeorge

hey man !!

were a small company usually employing 8-12 depending on work load . we work in 3 different cities in kentucky. We need a dump , i talked to the guy selling it an he installed the hoist a few years back an its a 5 ton dump. But he said when he mounted it that he wanted the bed to raise higher allowing everthing to dump out so he mounted the hoist in the middle of the bed .he said if i did not need the bed to go as high as he needed it that i could move the hoist closer to the cab an the it would dump a full 5 ton! its an electric over hydralic unit ! i can buy this truck actually for a song . it even has AC. truck is super nice , think it will suite me?? let me know thanks George