1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-450 Setup Which Boss Plow is best?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by diesellandscape, Feb 23, 2011.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Just bought an 05 f-450... 4wd... I love boss plows and want to run nothing but. I'm trying to figure out which blade is best for my needs.

Most of my sites are smaller and your working around cars. I have a few that are 2+ Acres and long pushes. We currently run straight blade super dutys, but i was considering for this truck a 9ft trip edge, or maybe a V.

what do you thinks best?

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

IF You are thinkin a 9ft straight then I would deffinetly look at the 9.5 vee more than a straight. A vee can straight blade as well as scoop or vee to where as the straight is limited to just (left &right up or down ) unless you get wings for carrying more snow which are about 600.00 a pair and as far as a trip edge you know all ready that boss does not make a trip edge vee?
    JMOThumbs Up
    good luck in whatever you decide hope this helps a little bitt/ post some pics on what you get
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

10 ft v plow .
  4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I think adding a v plow to your fleet is a good idea.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're doing residential with it a vee would be a worthwhile time saver.
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

X2...............add an extra leaf and it would be the perfect setup
  7. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I've had 9'2" VXt's and still own 8'2" VXt's. I added wings to one of my 8'2's and the guys love it. Plus I can take them off in a minute when I need to get in tighter spaces or smaller jobs if needed. An 8'2 would also cover the tracks of the 450. Now with that said. I just used my new Blizzard 8611LP for the 1st time today on my F350. Hate to say it but I will be selling off all my Boss plows now and switching over. My F550 has a 9' Fisher Stainless that it came with, and it will be replaced with a blizzard 8611LP in the next month! The time savings of the Blizzard compared to the VXT were insane!
  8. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

I like my 9'2'' Boss V alot. The ability to have a 9'2'' straight blade and also be able to put it in the V position to get in tight spots has saved me alot of time this year. Once you learn how to use the plow to its potential it will cut down on your time alot.
  9. Kwise

Kwise Senior Member

Can't recommend a size, but all i can say is I own a v and don't understand why people even bother putting a straight blade on anything
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You can't go wrong with a 9' Trip Edge IMO.
  11. georgerk82

georgerk82 Senior Member
    from OHIO

Have you bought a plow yet? I may have a good deal for you and Im not to far away.