1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-450 Dump truck value

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Jan 20, 2010.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Shopping around for a truck and found a F-450 here in town at a Dodge dealer. Looking for feedback on what the truck is worth. The motor has had no issues so far and has the extended warranty from Ford. (trust me I checked!!) Let me know, everyones help is appreciated!

2004 Ford F-450 XLT 6.0 Powerstroke
    4x4, 56,300 miles
    New tires and brakes all the way around
    8 Ft dump body (electric over hydro) with outside and underneath of body rhino lined
    Boss mount and wiring already on the truck.
    Tow package and brake controller
    1 Owner
    asking $25,900.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I picked up a '03 F-450 XL 6.0 Powerstroke

4x4 61,000 Miles with 9'6 western V and salter

Needed drive tires and rear brakes and a few minor other things. I've probably put $1500-$2000 into it.

Sounds like the one your looking at is in a bit better shape than mine-Mines no junker but its a work truck. Few scratches, etc

I'd pay around 18-20 for the truck your looking at.

[​IMG]

3. NoFearDeere

I was thinking of offering 18K for it. I will say the body and paint are perfect, no scratches at all.

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Sorry forgot to write that I paid 15k for mine.

5. NoFearDeere

Here is a pic

Picture 864.jpg

6. Thats a nice looking dump truck, let us know what you end up getting it for. I would just make sure to have the tranny fluid changed out, just to be on the safe side, would hate to have that thing go right after you buy it since it had a plow on it.
    I'm looking at a similar one 2000 F350 dump diesel w/ plow, one owner an older customer I have who just loves his dump truck but has asked me if I would be interested in it.

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

the used market is much smaller now . the prices have sprung up overnight since the cash for clunkers program . which is ridiculous 1 year ago everything was much less . first things first get an oasis report. that will give you the room to deal . IMO nice truck and she'll be ready for ever you throw that her .

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I'm impressed, you're gonna give the 6.0 a second chance after all the trouble your other one gave you. It is a very nice looking truck and will fit right in with your white fleet.

9. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a nice looking truck, there is one down the road from me for $12,900, '03, 7.3, 68,xxxm,4x4, vplow, sander, I will see if I can find the local ad
    Those trucks are a dime a dozen in my area, especially if they have a 6.0
    Id say $20k max, JMO

10. NoFearDeere

I offered them 18K for it and they said yes. I went to trade my gas Chevy on it, um yeah, they offered me $4K for it!:realmad: F that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

ill give you 4200 for your chevy :D

12. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They would only give you $4000.00 for a 2004 truck! Holy Crap... what was there justification behind that? That truck should be worth ALOT more then that

13. NoFearDeere

Well, now they changed their minds.....haha

Gave me a decent trade offer, lowered the price a little for the truck too. We'll see what happens!:dizzy:

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They accepted the $18000 offer and then changed there minds? WTF

15. NoFearDeere

They dont know what they want to do! But my patience is running out!

16. deicepro

Not too many people looking for a truck like that, make 'em sweat:cry:, make them sharpen the pencil a tad bit more;)

17. NoFearDeere

Told them to fly a kite, dont want to lower the price at all so they can keep it. Back to shopping!

18. deicepro

Is it me, or wouldn't you think all the truck dealers should be hard up to sell a truck?:dizzy:
    No sense in walking away bent over, feeling violated, after the sale.

19. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

Does not seem that way. I have been in the market for a used dump. Every time I find one that meets all my requirements it is already sold by time I call. Seems like decent dumps sell quickly!

20. NoFearDeere

Well the dealership owner called me and said if I was offering 18K, there was no sense of talking to me. Haha, I said I thought it was fair, and then he told me to "get bent!"