1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F 350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Phil, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Phil

Phil Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone out there might have had or is having this problem with a 2000 F350 2WD. There is about 43000 on the truck and when making a right hand turn there is creaking or what almost sounds like a loose radius arm noise. The noise appears to becoming from right under the passenger floor board. It is more magnified with weight in the truck say 1000 lbs or more.
    It has been to the dealer 2x's no luck finding the problem. Just seems like there has to be someone else out there that might have had the same issue.
    Phil

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you don't belong to Ford-Diesel , check them out. If anyone can solve the problem, the guys on that board can. Good luck and welcome to Plowsite!

3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

the problem does not lie in the steering components but in a blue oval on the grill.

4. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

Have a 2002 250 P/S and it makes the same noise. Also have a freind with the same truck and noise and he asked me about it also. Going to take it in and see what they say.

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I agree with Karl, that damn blue oval is whats messing everything up, HAHA. Just kiddin ya :) Mike

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Phil, where in NY are you?

7. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Hmmmm, I removed that blue oval and wouldn't you know it, all my Ford trucks still work perfectly!!:D

8. Phil

Phil Junior Member

thanks for the help

The old blue oval oh no.Well thanks for the ideas glad or should I not be that others are facing the same issue. Well I will take the advise and try the ford web site.
    Ps Im from the Buffalo area. It must be all the snow that is still logged up in the frame from this past winter thats making all the noise
    Phil

9. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

If the blue oval is what is wrong then why do I haul so many GM products with my car hauler????????? Way more GM than any thing else.

Karl, Mike :eek: :eek: :eek:
    uh uh uh uh uh uh where is the GM board, I don't think the guys on Ford like us.

10. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Just kiddin ya a little bit. I like both Chevy and Ford, just like Chevy slightly better, hehehe. Mike:waving:

11. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE RUBBER BUSHINGS THAT THE CAB AND BED SIT ON THE FRAME. THEY LOOK LIKE BIG RUBBER DOGHNUTS .SOMETIMES THE BOLT IS JUST LOOSE OR THE BUSHING GOES BAD AND THE TRUCK WILL MAKE SOME WEIRD SOUNDS. I HAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO ME. I TOOK THE TRUCK TO 3 DEALERS AND NO ONE COULD FIX IT . THE 4TH DEALER HAD A CRAZY MECHANIC , ROLL ON A CREEPER UNDER THE TRUCK WHILE SOMEONE DROVE IT.HE FOUND OUT WHAT IT WAS.