1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F 350 wiper opinions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ilucas, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ilucas

ilucas Member

Looking for some opinions on the best wiper blades that some have found for plowing.

I have bought 2 different sets since 2010 and still cant find a pair that I like for plowing. I was out all night and most of yesterday plowiing the "blizzard"
    ' that we got here in NH.
    I am not expecting miracle but the ice just sticks and freeze up on the winshield with whatever I buy. Any suggestions? Maybe it is the defrosting system of this truck (2010 f350 diesel)? Been plowing for 30 years and never remember having the icing problems like I've got with this truck.

Any suggestions
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. mackclmodel

mackclmodel Senior Member

Anco Winter Wipers...Cheap and effective
  3. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Yep. I agree
  4. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Ive, always been a fan of bosch Icon blades. I would install a new set every two years, even though they still worked fine, there were just some streaking then. I seen these heated blades in Dallas this summer though and they looked real intresting. If i remember right once you bought the kit replacement blades were only like 25 a pop so right in line with other premium blades.

5. ilucas

ilucas Member

okay..I will check both out. Thanks for your help and if there are any other suggestions please post!

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well I used to use the anco but no matter how old they always froze up on me. Yes cheap and easy. I just put on a pair if Michelin stealth and so far am fairly happy with them
  7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

For winter time I swap out my summer blades and install my heated blades They are 12v works wonders No more beating the Ice off them I bought them off ebay about 4 years ago
  8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What kind 06 ??
  9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

When I was young and stupid, I tried out all the different fancy wiper blades. My conclusion now is that it doesn't matter, the best ones are the regular cheap ones.
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'll look tomorrow I forgot the name