1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 W/ Blizzard Power Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jay ALC, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Here's some pictures of my '02 F-350 and Blizzard 810 Power Plow. You can also see my Sno-Way OptaFlow spreader mounted on the back.

plowwide.jpg

2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Another

plowangled.jpg

3. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Another

interior.jpg

4. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Closer

interiorclose.jpg

5. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Another :)

plowandsalter.jpg

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Yea I like that truck and that sure is a nice blizzard, still waiting for mine:(

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

They sure look pretty when they're new, huh? I never thought to mount the joystick up there, I'll give it a try this season, it looks like it would be comfortable. I mounted mine to the seat cushion just below where you have yours, it worked well, but yours might be better yet!

Looks sharp!

9. VERY VERY NICE!!
    good choice on the graphite interior.... the saddle is too hard to keep clean....
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

10. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

only thing you can inprove on is get some rubber floor mats:) ! but everything else very nice. you can be proud of that!

11. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

That's an awesome looking combo! Power and good looks! Good lucky!:drinkup:

12. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Sirsweatsalot,
    Funny you mention that. I had ordered Catch-All Extremes from Cabelas and they didn't fit very well when I got them so I returned them and regular Catch-Alls are on order. I hope they get here this week, then that problem is taken care of. :)

A special thanks to everyone for the kind words. I know everyone is very curious about these plows so I thought I'd share the pics of my setup. Also I'd be happy to answer any and all questions.

13. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I was just curious why you need so many switches (the federal signal switch box) It doens't look like oyu have many warning lights. I was also curious as to what the box to the left on the switch box is. Has a small screen with some buttons. I see the spreader and plow controls. Jus wondering what that one was.

14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

NNj Snow, the box to the right of the Federal switches is the Auxillary Idle Control, you can set it to the RPM you want to hold, or on another circuit, it will hold 13.8 volts no matter the electric load, plus in the PTO option, it will hold the required RPMs to operate accessories driven by PTO. The display will show you RPM or volts, depending on the setting. A $175 option from Ford, well worth the investment.

15. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Pelican is exactly right and I'm glad he beat me to describing that one. Most everyone asks about it and I can see why. The switches (6 of them) are for several things. The small light bar, the rear spot lights on the salter, side roof lights that were not on there in the picture (magnetic mount when shoveling to light up areas), the rear flashers on the salter, the selector for the second flash pattern for the flashers, and one spare for the hideaway strobes that will be added by next season. I also plan to change the lightbar to a loaded MX7000 next season but I did not have time to get a headache rack done this season. Then I will have even more lighting. :D Thank god for dual batteries and dual alternators!:)

16. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Jay very nice set up:) I was woundering about all the switches too thanks for clearing that up.The A.I.C. do you use that much and did you have to get the PTO with it. That new light bar will look good on your truck after you get the headache rack finished you could always get a back rack for it unless your really customizing it.

17. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Cat320,
    I thought I would have the headache rack customized a little even though I have looked at the Back Racks. I do use the AIC all the time. I set it in the "Charge Protect" mode when testing or hooking up the plow and things that way it will keep up with any electrical demand. I also set it up to 1200 RPMs when sitting around parked and running because at that RPM or higher it is said that it will keep the engine from glazing the cylinders with oil (I forget the common term for it at the moment) but if the engine is not running high enough then it will over time begin to do that. Also the engine with one alternator is known not to put out enough electrical current to keep up with even the A/C running on full in the summer when the truck is at regular idle of 680 RPMs so in summer it is a good idea to ramp it up for that reason as well. Also at higher idle in the right conditions it burns less diesel because the engine being hotter it is suppose to be more efficient. I never knew anything about any of this until I began reading another forum when I was looking at ordering my diesel. I started reading a Ford diesel forum that helped me to learn alot about these particular trucks and I would suggest the place to anyone that hasn't been there and owns a Ford diesel truck :)

18. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

One more of the windrow position

plowwindrow.jpg

19. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

OK OK one of the scoop:D

scoop.jpg

20. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I promise this is the last one. :)

salter.jpg