1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f-350 suspension

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by candyman13601, Feb 3, 2008.

1. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

hey guys i have a 2001 f350 i put a 8' hd fisher plow on the front and the truck is too low in the front end i was told i shouldn't need timbrens in it though. have any of you had the same problem? im hitting when i go over a 2 inch bump in the road.
  2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

any weight in the bed to help out?
  3. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I am looking at an 02 F350 and would like to put a plow on it too. I'm use to my 450's and 550's not sagging, but wondered how the 350 would do. I wanted to look into a 8'6" V plow...would this be too much weight? It's got the 7.3 diesel and I'm also considering a spreader in the bed. Thoughts?
  4. candyman13601

candyman13601 Junior Member

weight in bed

yes there is weight in the bed i have tools and a 300lb tonnou cover on it
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

then i would look in to a set of timbrens or u should have leafs and a shock up front find out why there not doing there job dose this truck have the plow prep?
  6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

I have a 03 F350 CC PSD. I installed x codes springs on mine. X code are the same springs they put on the 450 and 550. Also you need a good amount of ballast weight. Over a 1000lbs.
  7. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

I have an 04 with an 8 1/2 foot western pro plus and it hardly moves at all when I lift the plow.

Does the one your lookin at have the plow package??
  8. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Take a look at the sticker in the door jamb of the drivers door. Toward the bottom right of the sticker you will see the letters "spr" below those letters there will be two more letters such as XB the first letter X is the front spring code. In this example XB you would have X code or plow prep package front springs. Other front spring codes are U, V, W, and X in ascending order of spring weight capacity.
    Also we need to know what cab your truck has, long or short bed, DRW/SRW, and engine.
  9. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Our F350 (CC, Dual, 6.0PSD) has an 8' Arctic Commercial Plow and it barely moves when lifted. The only ballast is some bags of salt and tools and shovels and it handles great. No plow prep, but it does have the "heavier service" springs, but I don't think it is that much of an increase in rating.
  10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

It shouldnt be that bad. Post some pics, You might have a cracked spring or whatever. Def put the same amount of weight on the tailgate as the plow weighs......(900lbs) The front end definitly shoundlt be hitting over bumps,,,,neither should the plow