1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 Suspension ? Plow prep?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NEUSWEDE, Nov 12, 2005.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Bought my 04 F-350 new in Jan 05 at the time I was told I have the Plow prep Package. Window sticker states snow package for $70.00 my front is rated at 5200 GVW. Got the Timbrens for a F-350 with plow prep and they don't fit. They will go in but the timbren will be on the axel all the time with plow off.
    I went to the dealership where I bought it and they said I have the plow prep and that 5200 GVW for fronts is fine to handle the Fisher 8'6 V which I had installed and said it won't void my warranty.

My question because I don't believe the clowns at the dealership because they will say anything is what's the deal? Do I have the set-up or was I bent over?
    Thanks
    Dylan

2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I would think somewhere is a list of option codes, like in the glove box or something. I am not sure whats what but it will be on that list if you can find out what the plow option code is and just look at your tag.
    Not much help I guess

3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Snowplow prep package or not, you have plenty of truck for that plow. I'm pretty sure it's normal for the timbrens to always be contacting the axle, but with your truck, you proboly don't even need them.

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

My Timbrens were the same way. You could always put 6000# springs on if you really wanted to as well.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I have 02 F250 with 8.2 vboss with the plow up only sags 1/2 in. so no problem.