1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Joe Lombardo, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I know this has probably been asked before but I can't find the answer so I'm asking for your help. I have a 04 F-350 (5.4) dump truck it currently is used for sanding, sander weighs about 700# empty. You add some additional weight let's say about a yard of sand/salt mix and driving down the road it sound like the truck is going to fall apart, the noise is coming from under the truckand the best way I can discribe it is that it sounds like a coke bottle rattling around inside a metal trash can. I know it is not the sander making the noise because it does the same thing without the sander on it. Empty the truck rides smooth and there is no noise coming from down under. The dealer wants me to believe that it is the springs hitting the spring stops, but he also hasn't come up with a solution. What are your thoughts??????

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I have the same truck,But i put on timbrens no noise?