1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 plow on F-150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by buds, Nov 28, 2001.

1. buds

buds Junior Member

Hello, just a quick question. Does anyone know if a Western uni-mount off a 1990 F-350 will bolt up to a 1988 F-150? TIA

Mike

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm pretty sure the frame mounts are the same from '81 through '96, there were slight changes in the bumper area from year to year. You may require minor modification in this area.

3. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Member

most of it will, you'll have to use different holes for the plow ears though. There will also be 2 pieces that bolt to the bottom of the mount frame rails that will sit too low. They support the ears when they are in the proper position for the higher sitting F-350, but will stick down below the ears which will need to be located closer to the truck frame.

-J

4. intimidator

intimidator Member

Being a Ford mechanic, I should know the answer to this, but all my plows are on Chevys. Should be the same though.

Jason

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I know if its a fisher old style mount they will not interchange.
    But not sure on the western frame kits.
    The coils on the 150 interfer with some mounting kits. Best bet is to ask your local western dist.
    Dino

6. intimidator

intimidator Member

I forgot about the coil springs. Like I said, all mine have benn chevys(leaf springs) Some careful measurements might be in order.

Jason

7. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Member

there may be some more truck F-150 specific parts than the ones I mentioned, but I know for a fact that many of the parts will interchange. Your local western dealer will have parts diagrams. I'm sure that with a patient counterperson you could identfy them. Your dealer may even the parts you need used and cheap...mine did

-J

8. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

F150 plow frame

Dino is correct, on Fisher plows at least. The F150 uses coils, the 250/350 use leaf's. the mounting plates are different. Also the 150's have support "strut's" that go all the way back to 3rd member. This is to strengthen the mount, apparently there were some bent front frame "horns" on some 150's without them.

Dave

9. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

No NO NO NO.

The the F 350 plate will not work with the F 250 or F 150.

Geoff