1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 Loaded pictures. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BOSSMAN21, Jan 19, 2013.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Ok, let me start by saying this. Dean, awesome looking truck, I know you just as well as anyone on this board, and I know you are a hard worker, and we just do what we have to, to be able to get by. Is your truck over loaded? Probably. Do I care? Absolutely not. Should I? No. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT BASHING OTHERS EQUIPMENT.

Everyone wonders why, I, and everyone else never wants to post an pictures of their equipment, I did last year, and still got bashed about the headlights on my new plow, and so on and so fourth.

I am NOT saying that all of you that are listing off the GVWR weights, and how much he is over loaded by are wrong, no I am not, I am just saying this is absolutely not the place for it. I am not going to be immature and tell everyone to "grow up" and any of that, BUT, I will say, everyone needs to use a little more common sense, come on, this site is here for us to be able to give others credit, and get ideas from others, to better our business', not to hate, and bash anyone. The other thread was getting to long, so here it is. Just my $.02, and my opinion.
  2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

3. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

What year is that
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice looking truck! so what if its overloaded I over load my truck and a lot more members do the same.
  5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Must've overloaded that truck so much with salt that it all spilled out and now you're going back plowing it into piles? If not what's that stuff you're pushing with the plow?
  6. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

It's all the left over filling that they couldn't get into the twinkies before they shut down. Cuz it sure isn't that white fluffy stuff that come from the sky, They called that stuff extinct on the news this morning.
  7. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Here is a pic of my side walk unit. We put a few extra bags of salt in the back, so technically it's a bit over loaded. But it handles it well...

8. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

This is a forum of professionals that discuss the aspects of business. This is not a club to sit around, knock a couple back and tell tall tales of your last hunting trip.

There is lack of accountability when it comes to our industry and to point out to our industry that being grossly over-loaded and putting people at risk is more of a point of business ethics and helping to protect the communities we serve.

If it takes demeaning someone or using harsh language to get the point across, then so be it. Sometimes that's what it takes to drive a point home and change the line of thinking some of these individuals posses.

Driving a truck grossly over loaded and not licensed correctly is no different than carrying a loaded gun, in the open, without the proper license to do so.

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

So..... How much does your one ton weigh when your fully loaded?
  11. geoford

geoford Junior Member

I think my f-250 is considered overloaded:dizzy:

12. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Well if your 250 isn't your trailer probably is. Nice job on the overload. (Pat, pat)

13. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

From the looks, it's going to be anywhere from an '05 - '07

Just my .02¢
  14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Im going check mine on some scales Load it with out salt see how lbs it is
  15. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Got this off the tag on my friends Salt dog

Salt course 950 lbs cubic yd
    Salt wet 1215 lbs cubic yd
    Sand 2565 lbs cubic yd
    Sand wet 3240 lbs cubic yd

Not sure how accurate it is. I guess it depends how wet it really is.
  16. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Any of my late model Super Duty trucks are pushing the GVW limits at 8800 empty on a state certified scale!

Regular cab w PSD
    8.5 Pro Plus
    2000SHPE Salt Dog
    Full tank of fuel
    Portable tool box plus plow parts
    150# of walkway ice melt and two shovels
    My dead ass

Just my .02¢
  17. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

The grill and bumper is the dead giveaway.
  18. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

ECHO ECHo ECho Echo echo lol
  19. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Now THAT would be worth getting out of bed for!
  20. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

You get really good traction.