1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 Dump- plow slowly moves down? 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by connormike, Nov 3, 2010.

1. connormike

connormike Junior Member

I would like to start out by thanking everyone in these forums, they have been a great help.

Two Questions

Question 1: My 1983 F-350 Dump has some issues with the plows hydraulic system. After about 3 Min's of driving the plow will lower to its lowest position, I dealt with last season, but would like to resolve it before this season starts. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you

Question 2: The truck is 2wd, is there anything I can do to make this truck easier to handle in the snow?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

raise the plow and put a floor jack under it. pull the lift hose off on the lift cylinder and put a pipe plug in there. lower the jack and see if it comes down. if yes, cylinder is bad. if no, more than likely a small piece of debris in the valve somewhere.

take your camera and get a picture of the valve where all of the hoses go. a good pic of the front is always a plus also.
  3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

probably a bad valve like said above. clean it out with some break cleaner
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

don't just tear into it unless you know what you are doing. an older truck can be a chore. lets see a picture.