1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 Crew Cab for plowing???????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ChicagoSnow, Jul 28, 2002.

1. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I own a 2002 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 PSD 8' bed. I bought the truck with the intent to plow snow and to use as a back-up salter. This particular truck gives me a "swiss army knife" truck - it meets all of my versatility needs. Back up plow truck, salter, sidewalk truck, bobcat tower, etc..
    I realize it is a long truck, but for the past years I've used standard cab diesel plow trucks with 8.5 plow in front and Daniels 8' pull plow in back - but no salter, they have been outstanding plow trucks - I can do any plow site with this truck combination. I've learned about snowman back plows that will accept a Western pro-flow 1 with their pull plow................. what do you think?

I wonder if the snowman pull plow will work with a 8' - "V" box salter?

Any one out there plowing with a full size Crew Cab pick up?

There goes the Ford warranty??????????/

ChicagoSnow

2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Chicago, you might be interested to know that the same front axle on your truck is used on the F-550, albeit with larger brakes, wheels & tires, plus lower gears. The casting numbers on the other parts are identical!

3. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Thanks Pelican for the info!

I'm still amazed by the type of work this truck can accomplish......Ford F-350 - Diesel....MY TRUCK OF CHOICE!

ChicagoSnow

4. Tillerman1664

Tillerman1664 Junior Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2002
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Tillerman, I see you made it! Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

There's another thread in this section about crew cabs you can probably add insight to.