1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-350 brakes draging

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mark Erpelding, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

I have a 1999 F-350 5.4 with 52,000 mi. this week I have noticed the breaks seem to still be particially on after I remove my foot from the break petal. This seams to come and go. When it seems to have pressure on the pads it is very noticeable the truck even downshifts sometime. I was parked on a hill and put the truck in nutral and it didn't even roll. Can anyone tell me the name of that powerstroke site I thought I might look there for an answer
    Thanks Ready2mow

Push snow not drugs

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

When that happens, put the truck on level ground and jack up one wheel at a time and see if you can spin them by hand with the truck in nuetral. It may be that just one wheel is hanging up, or a pair, meaning both front of both back. You can also have a bad booster tank, or just a bad brake line. I dont know the name of that site, but I do know which one you are talking about. Im sure someone else will chime in and tell you which it is, either Wyldman, Dockboy, or John DiMartino would know Im sure. They are diesel guys, hehe. Mike :)

3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

4. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

Thanks for the imfo

5. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Could be a leaking wheel cylinder, causing fluid to get on the pads, and that would make them stick.