1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MBIvey007, Apr 19, 2006.

1. MBIvey007

MBIvey007 Junior Member

Does anyone know of any problems with a Western 8.5 ft plow on a 1993 Ford F-250, 7.3 L Diesel, Auto Trans.?

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Use western's quick match. I looked it up and you can fit pretty much any blade on that truck.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

You should be able to put up to a 9' blade on it. either straight blade or V shouldnt be a problem!

4. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 7 1/2 Western Pro with wings on my PSD. These are my recommendations...

1. Have your trans rebuilt BEFORE you add the plow. Have them change out all the aluminum parts for steel and have them install a SunCoast triple lock torque converter. The factory Ford tc won't last but a few seasons at best. Also, add a second trans cooler. This will run you about $1750.00 or so.

2. If you have auto hubs, swap them out for Warn manual locking hubs. The torque created by your IDI will snap the auto hubs in a second. This will cost you about $150.00 or so if you install them yourself. It takes about 15 minutes per side with simple hand tools.

3. Change out all your ball joints & U-joints before the season hits. The Ford TTB front end is notorious for U-joint & ball joint failures, especially when hanging a 1000 pound plow on the front of it. Plus, if a front axle U-joint fails while you are out plowing they are near impossible to change out without removing the front diff or completely taking apart the wheel / brake / hub assembly. This can take a LONG time to do out in the field.

5. wls

wls Senior Member

How much does the 8'2", and biggest v-plow weigh, boss?
    Are they lighter then the 810 blizzard.