1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 with sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brownboots, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Brownboots

Brownboots Junior Member

I've been plowing with my 2004 F-250 but subing out the salt and sanding. I want to get my own sander now but not sure it the truck can handle it or I need to upgrade to a F-350?
  2. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

I have a f250 with the Tailgate pro flow II sander. I haul about 3/4 yard at a time in a dump insert. If I didnt have the insert in the truck im sure I could go 1 full yrd no prob. Anyways im doing mostly small lots, but I have a few 2 acre properties. On the big ones I have to reload the hopper 2-3 times. The upside is I can take the sander off anytime, and its electric so no engine to start on cold morning. Ive also had a f350 srw in the past that had the v-box in the back. It could handle 1yrd no problem.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Your truck can handle it fine. I put 2 tons of salt in my truckcraft dump insert salt spreader almost every time I load the chevy 2500hd. I am over weight but the truck will handle it.
  4. Brownboots

Brownboots Junior Member

F-250 sander

Thanks guys for your response. I was hoping that the truck could handle it.