1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 with a 4,400 FGAWR

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kruser6, Aug 26, 2009.

1. kruser6

kruser6 Member
    from Iowa

I am seeing that all I can put on this is a 7'6'' plow. Do you guys agree or are they just very conservative?

I wanted to put a V-plow on it but I can't find anything that would work for it. I am getting a great price on the truck and really want to buy it, but if I can't put the plow on it I want I guess I don't see the point.

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

what f250 do u have that has a 4400 front axle rating . i thought minimum was 5200...get code x springs and your good to go. code x are 6000.unless u have one of those "Light duty" f250s, ur screwed

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

What year is the truck??

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

By Westerns standards,thats all they recommend. Of course a larger plow will fit but we only install what Western recommends. Its a LAW SUIT thing. Good luck. PT.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, what year is your truck? Any pics?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

My 97 GM K2500 has a FAWR of 4250. It's an extended cab. Curb weight is 3500 dry. I put an 8.5XV on it. Two very busy seasons. So far, so good.

7. firedawg1983

firedawg1983 Member

I have an 05 F-250 diesel and it's 5600 on the front. is yours a gasser? what year is it? that just doesn't sound right for an F-250