1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f-250 (too good to be true deal?)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I found a 1999 crew cab with a 6 ft box v-10 4x4 78,000 miles
    Some dings and dents (from picture and description) It comes with a 9.2 boss v-low. Not sure of condidtion

They want $7500 for it Firm

New plugs and all new exhaust studs

Owned by a Limo company

Does this sound to good to be true or am I paranoid?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sounds about right i guess.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

the reason I ask, is there are people asking more then that for just a ex cab truck with twice as many miles no plow

4. rpm

rpm Junior Member

Sounds like you are getting a bargoon!

I just paid $18,000 for a 2003 F250 Superduty 4x4 with a extended cab and 8 foot box with 67,000 kilometers on the odometer. The truck has never seen a winter because it has hauled a trailer to Florida every year. I now have to buy a plow and salter for it.
    I'll have $30,000 invested before it even pushes snow.
    If you are getting truck and plow it sounds like a great deal. I would have a mechanic check the front end and tranny over before you buy it if possible.:nod:

5. Scenic Lawnscape

I am thinking that if i look at it and it seems ok, even if i have to drop a few dollars into it for a few things i will still be getting a deal.

I hopefully am going to go look at it this week

6. rpm

rpm Junior Member

Where is the truck at?

I'll go check it out for you LOL . tymusic I was looking on your side of the border until I found my truck. Best of luck to you and I hope it works out.
    Bob

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I wouldnt say its a steal at that price, Its a gasser and 11 years old.

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah its an 11 year old plow truck, prolly has seen its fair share of abuse.

9. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

It's a V-10 they just really dont hold there price to well with that type of mileage

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Good price but I would definately make sure the plug holes didn't get stripped when they changed plugs.

11. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

seems really too good to be true but id go look

12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Check for broken exhaust manifold bolts too.

13. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

thats market price for a gas sucking 11 year old vehicle. hell v10s dont hold value off the lot!!! but they get just aobut the same mileage as the 5.4!! buy it and dont look back. 99's have the unimproved heads so they spit plugs. not a disaster as they can be fixed when they pop.