1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 Sagging

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by foggyjr5, Dec 2, 2005.

1. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

I have a 94 F-250 and when the plow is on it sags. Do you think that i should replace the springs, add a leaf, timbrens, or something else. Also where could i find them, and what would they cost?

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

i say timbrens.... www.awdirect.com
    only takes a second or two to install and cost around 150.00

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

dont think you can just add a leaf on a 94 f-250 bc it is not a solid axle

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

You can add a leaf to your F250 but with the age I would look at replacing the leaf pack. Timbrens will help you out also but if the leafs are worn out your still going to have issues. Broncograveyard.com has the leaf pack you need

5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Both will work,but I feel the springs are the way to go! If you don't use the truck much(daily driver) and use it mostly for snow plowing you may just want to slide a set of 350 leaf packs underneath (ones set for the diesel engine) this will accomodate for some of the extra wieght. You will compromise some ride quality! They also sell leveling kits and 2 1/2 " lift kits(which are essentially add a leaf)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005