1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mackengr, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mackengr

mackengr Junior Member

I have a 2003 F-250 Super Duty 6.0L Diesel Long Bed Super Cab. I am being told by all the local equimpent companies that since my truck does not have the snow prep package they can't install a plow. I understand their reasoning, but will a SnoWay 7.5' Poly plow be harmful to my truck and/or engine? How difficult would it be to install this plow myself? (I can find my way around a garage) What other types of companies would install plows? Last, would Timbrens help on the wear of my shocks?

2. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

I have a 2002 f-250 7.3L Diesel and i have a sno-way 8.5' 32 serise plow on it. The plow only weighs like 650lbs. When you raise the blade the truck moves maybe 1/4 inch. I have a crew cab short bed, which is your truck basicaly (as far as weight and length). I would get at least an 8' plow for your truck! The new sno-way's are very easy to install. The hardest part is normaly the lights and the power. Sno-way has simplified that very much! I would say buy at least a 29 seise plow and put it on yourself. Let us know what you decided and if you have any other questions, just ask.

Craig

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

My cousins f350 psd has a 8ft western pro no problem here

4. Pat M

Pat M Member

I just had the push plates and need to finish the wiring on my truck but it will have an 8' Fisher MM on it. It is also an 03 F250 with the 6L diesel motor in it, dual battery (which is standard on diesels), dual alternator setup and a 4" lift on it. When I went and talked to Fisher dealers they never told me that I couldn't mount an 8' Fisher plow on there nor did they ask if it had the snow plow prep package on it. They asked if I wanted a 9' but never told me that it couldn't be done.

What would of been needed for the snow plow prep other than the X springs that you can get from Ford?

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think the only difference between a truck w/a plow prep and a truck w/o a plow prep is a tranny cooler and the front ends are able to carry a little more weight and maybe a bigger radiator. Other than that I blieve they are all the same.

6. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

If my truck with a 7.3 PSD can handle this 9' Boss with wings then yours sure can handle the plow you are asking about.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 216.jpg

7. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

If it's an auto install a trannycooler and possibly a trans temp guage!:bluebounc :redbounce