1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 Problems Matching a Plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Deebee7, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Deebee7

Deebee7 Junior Member

Got a 2009 F-250 Super Cab, 8' Bed FGWAR is 4800 lbs. 5.4L Gas, V-8.

I can't find any matches for Boss snowplows, or any V-Plows for that matter. The plow matching software on their sites say there are none available for this model. I was hoping to put a Boss Power VXT on it. Am I not looking at something right here? Can you help me find a reliable V Plow match please. The local dealer sells only Boss and Snow Dogg.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not a problem Boss v plows are a good match for the F250/350.Go to 9.2 if you can.

3. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

problem seems to be the axle weight.

4. Deebee7

Deebee7 Junior Member

So then adding the 5600 lb. front coil springs in leau of the current 4800 lb. ones won't fix it? I want to operate a small 7'6 or 8'1 Boss V Plow. The axle couldn't hold up even after this upgrade?

5. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

the axle is the same, its the springs that as different.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry,go with the Boss v plow. That truck will hold anything.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

No matter what you do It will not change the legality of the sticker on the door. Personally it will handle whatever you want on there.

8. jmiller31

jmiller31 Junior Member

I went with the snowdogg ex 80 for my 08 f250 super duty crew cab. nice plow. didn't get much use last year but for the two storms we had I was impressed