1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 Leveling kit

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by NoFearDeere, Apr 1, 2007.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have 285's on my F-250 now. I went to put mudflaps on the truck the other night and my tires are going to rub in the front if I put the flaps on. Would a 2.5"-3" Leveling Kit fix this problem or not? Any input is appreciated.:salute:

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

A level kit should be all you need. With a leveling kit they say that you can put 305s on without rubs, so with 285s you should be fine. Plus it gives the truck a better stance.

3. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

First Time Out

What do you have for a leveling kit in yours?

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

A leveling kit is going to make a world of difference...On 04 and earlier I would say go with donahoe racing, or fabtech...on my dads 05 we put a BDS leveling kit on it...They are simple to install and come with everything you need..I think the Donahoe kit is around $200...Contact www.attitudeperformance.com they are located in Arlington Heights IL and he can get you the leveling kit..

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't have one on mine. With the V10 it sits pretty level. I agree with M&M. Donahoe and Fabtech are supposed to be the best out there. If you don't mind paying a little more, I'd go with Donahoe.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I put on the tuff country 2.5 kit and it fits 285s without a problem. I also have 305s on with it.

7. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Thanks guys.

I am mainly looking to get the front end up as with the powerstroke the nose sits low. On my old F-250 with the V-10 it sat nice and level, but the extra weight of the diesel just weighs it down and I have the "x" package for springs. Why Ford just didn't put an extra spring in there to make it sit level is beyond me????:confused:

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

HEY, That would cost money to make it sit level!!!!
    FORD would lose money on that! Make the customer spend money!

9. NoFearDeere

Thanks, I will check into Tuff Country:salute:

10. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I put the 305's on mine with an extra leaf in the fronts and I don't rub. Not even with the western V hanging on it.

11. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Reason these trucks don't sit level is because the trucks are meant to be used to haul heavy payloads. Once you tie on a heavy trailer or load up the bed, it'll sit nice and level. If you put on a levelling kit and carry alot of payload in the bed, you could be in for some trouble as the now "nose high" truck will decrease your steering performance.

-Mike

12. NoFearDeere

Which would be better then; Adding a leaf spring or putting on a leveling kit? If it's leaf's, where can I get them? Ford?:)

13. Goeglein Bros

Goeglein Bros Junior Member

Does anyone have any pics of thier truck w/ a leveling kit on it and what size tires are commonly used with the leveling kit?

14. M&M Services

from midwest

Run the Donahoe Racing spring pack!! Donahoe makes excellent parts, and it is an easy install!

15. NoFearDeere

How much $$$ are we talking about? And how high will it lift the truck?:)

16. M&M Services

from midwest

I think the spring pack is $225... the quality is awesome! the lift is around 2.5 inches! Fabtech also makes very nice suspension parts...that is what I run! give attitude performance a call they are in Arlington Heaights
    www.attitudeperformance.com they carry Donahoe... good luck let us know

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007