1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 homesteader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fordistough, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Hey, I am specing out a plow for my friend with a 00 F-150, and he wants a fisher, any suggestions, pricing info, ect.?

2. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

trucks to big for a homsteder model

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

is it a 250 or a 150? what cab and bed config and what motor? What kinda plowing will he be doing?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Look into the western Mid-weight, its designed for the lighter duty trucks

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it a 250 or 150? It says 250 in the thread title but 150 in the actual post.

If he wants a Fisher:
    F-150= Fisher RD 7'6"
    F-250= Fisher HD 8'

Good Luck!

6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

F-150

The truck is a 2000 F-150, with a bed is an 8' box, a regular cab, and has a Triton 4.6L, I don't know why the title said 250 homesteader, but I was looking at a Fisher hometead. As for plowing, he will be plowing his driveway, and a few other people on the block. I don't deal with trucks this small, so when he asked me to find him a plow, I was a little worried.. I know I would never do anything without a fisher, as I have dealt with them for 30 years. I think he feels the same way.