1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 Exhaust Tail pipes

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Oct 18, 2004.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have an 89 F-250 / 5.8 4x4 Reg Cab / long bed.
    I put an entire exhaust from cross over to tail pipes / O2 sensor /on it this weekend.
    My problem is how do the tail pipes end up?
    One on top of other or side by side?
    How far apart?
    Mine had one pipe system before.(5.0 system-CHEAP former owner)
    I drove around 100 miles and looked at at least 50 -F250's they all had one tail pipe! Mine has 2 -2 1/4 pipes
    WHAT IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE?

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I just purchased a 1993 F250 with a 5.8 in it. It has stock exhaust, which are side beside each other about 3.5" gap between them. Hope this helps.

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would make them come out on each side of the truck right in front of the rear wheels. :nod:

4. chas4x4

chas4x4 Senior Member

tail pipes

I have a 1997 F-250 and the tial pipes are side by side it has the 5.8 also.

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I also have an 89 250 5.8 and mine are side by side.

6. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

if your county has e-check be carefull putting the tail pipes infront of the back axle. they were like this on my old ford 87 and they wouldn't e-check them. no e check=no lisence plates where i live. also i have seen several with 2 smaller sized pipes run out the passenger side at 90 degree angles spaced 2-4" apart

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the all answers.
    I have the pipes exiting behind the pass side tire just like it's supposed to be.
    I just could not remember how they were to end up. Mine are side by side with about a 6 inch spread. I even took the muffler off and tried doing it on the ground with no axle to deal with. It came out the same each time.
    No biggie I just didn't want someone pointing out I made a big mistake after it was all clamped together.