1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-250 4x4 front wheel problems camber and toe off in reverse

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by deadduckrick, Dec 17, 2007.

1. deadduckrick

deadduckrick Junior Member
    from ohio

Have '92 f-250 4x4 When backing up the front wheels toe in and looks like the camber is way off only when backing up? Seems to be worse on passangers side. When pulling forward wheels are straight as an arrow? Had alignment checked twice and seemed to be ok said may need shime kit but is not that off? Checked balljoints and springs seem to be ok? any help would be appreciated

2. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

TTB suspensions are a PIA!!!

Check all the suspension bushings and the TTB arm mounting brackets under the engine crossmember. They have a tendency to crack.

3. jjtmarineb2

jjtmarineb2 Member

Did the shop you took it for the alignment actually check the steering and suspension components? Sounds like a tie rod or ball joint to me. Also when you drive forward and the wheels are straight is the plow down, and then up for reverse, or does it act this way regardless of plow position? The weight of the plow can make a big difference.

4. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

sounds like a bushing or ball joints to me too. I would really take a look at the brackets too, My old boss had the mount break off the frame the last snow we had on his F-250 same body style

5. deadduckrick

deadduckrick Junior Member
    from ohio

You were right. Re-checked passangers side bracket where the pivot bolt is and the bracket was loose and the upper mounting bolts were cracked at the bracket

6. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

It's common with the TTB. Glad you figured it out :drinkup: