1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f 150

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bannor4952, Feb 17, 2008.

1. bannor4952

bannor4952 Junior Member

I have a 1996 f150 and want to put a v plow on, ive been told the front end wont hold up, ive also heard i have to put airbags in the front end, but was wondering if i put those hard rubber parts that replace the coil spring will hold it up ok
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

those hard rubber parts u refer to are timbrens and they dont replace your springs the replace your OEM rubber bump stops........if u remove your stock spring your going to be ******, u need to give us some more info year make model FGVWR, GVWR,4x4 or not, motor,size etc.................
  3. bannor4952

bannor4952 Junior Member

the local napa has a piece made of solid rubber that they told me would replace the coil spring to hold the front end up enough to support the plow
  4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

what is your cab and bed configuration. boss will put a 7'6"v on a standard cab long bed of your year f150
  5. bannor4952

bannor4952 Junior Member

Its a regular cab long box with a 5.0 liter in it