1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 Torsion Bars

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Swinn, May 14, 2005.

1. Swinn

Swinn Member

I am looking to put a Fisher RD plow on my 03 F-150 w/7700. I have looked at the Timbrens for the front end, however I am not sure that I want to put all of the weight on the frame stop because it looks to be just welded to the frame. Anyone have experience with turning up the torsion bars to distribute the weight. (between timbrens and bars). I know it would add a rough ride but would it cause any damage to the torsion bars with the added winter frost heaves. Keep in mind that I only put 5000-7000 miles on a year.

2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have never cranked the torsion bars on an F-150. But I have cranked them on numerous buddies Chevys some for just looks and others for carrying extra weight of plows or winches. I just turned the bars up a a Chev 1500 crew cab Z71 and on that 3 full turns got about 1 1/4" of extra height.