1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 Suspension (Timbrens)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbell36, Nov 6, 2008.

1. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

i'm looking at getting a new truck and i really like the newer ford f-150 style (2004 - current) 4 wheel drive...i'm going to be using this truck though for snow removal and chemical apps...i'm not too worried about the back for chemicals but the front end is gonna squat and wear out, do you guys think putting timbrens in would fix the problem? also, i kind of want a brand new v-plow, any suggestions, i'm not trying to spend $7,000, maybe $5,000 tops...

2. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

It sounds like with the work you are planning to do your going to need more truck. I would get a 3/4 ton. That way you can work it and not feel as if it is going to break. With all that weight you plan on putting on your truck your are going to need heavy duty breaks, suspension, hd everything. Just my thoughts.

3. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

ya that's kind of what i was afraid of...we have an f-250 that i might just use for plowing, maybe just use the 150 for chemicals...thanks