1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f-150 's

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Travel'n Trees, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Kansas cities claycomo plant is talking about the f-150 production stopping in next 2 years. :drinkup: Thank god roads will be safer after they are gone.wesport Other plants soon to follow. :salute: They are paying my brother in law to go to night classes as a buy out. :mad:

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

yep......many ford plants are closing or cutting back.. sounds like they have temporaly shut down the production of the commercial truck line too. no one is buying suv's and pickups now with the unstable fuel market. no big suprise, it's not just a ford thing, dodge and chevy have already done the same months ago. say hello to toyota, as they are the #1 selling vehical now. many other asian manafactures also are itching their way up the ladder step by step. the days of chevy, ford, and dodge ruling the united states are over......this is hard to belive living here in the kansas city area, but when i go out of town "imports" are what you see consumers driving.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  3. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

I have been to a toyota plant in Kentucky, and been to claycomo. Big diference toyota had to drill holes in their sequia to get the doors to shut, air tight wouldn't shut. Kentucky Toyota almost got to make the hybrid escapes because claycomo almost never could get them produced after Toyota designed them. Remember the hand built blackwoods at claycomo the first ones. What about the ones that don't open because of frame problems 1997, and 2006. I wouldn't want to be in a wreck in one if it caught on fire (like Blackwoods did) with a frame that bends without being driven in the factory parking lot. No I don't,and have never owned a toyota but I would.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

hey, im ready, i'll sign up for a heavy duty toyota when they roll out. never owned one but i'm open to try new things.